Sunday, November 15, 2015

Citrus Twist Kits | Timeline

Hi everyone!

Ready for my third layout made with the November 2015 Citrus Twist Kits Add-on Kit? :)

So I told you that this kit was a baby themed one. And that I went back to my albums to see what was possibly missing and what I could add to the numerous baby pages I already had. Well, one thing that Maya's album had and that Arielle didn't have yet was a timeline. Do you remember when your baby said mama for the first time? When he/she started sitting up? Crawling? Walking?... I don't. I'm terrible with dates (the only thing I can remember when numbers are involved are birthdays). So I had all the informations written down, somewhere, but not all together and not somewhere I could reach for it easily and definitely not all laid out so that I could see it clearly and quickly. So I knew I needed a timeline for Arielle.


To keep it readable, I kept it from 0-3 years.
I used one large strip of patterned paper to anchor my photos and I used all the white space on the right to write my texte. I typed all the "milestones" I wanted and cut out the strips and I stitched them in place with different colors that i pulled from one of the patterned paper.


I punched out some hearts from that patterned paper that matches my stitching and I placed them strategically next to important milestones and on the circles of the patterned paper.


I wrote my title with a brush pen. I love that pen. it sure took me some practice until I got the hang of it and it's still not perfect, but I think it was a good statement on my layout when I use it. I adhered the label with some foam dots.




Oh and finally I added the date to all three photos because, you know, having to look it up over and over again is annoying!! ;)

See you tomorrow for my 4th and last page made with the baby kit. :) I hope you enjoy that little series.

Marie

2 comments:

Marie-Michèle Livernoche said...

Très inspirant comme page!! Faut que j'en fasse une comme ça!!

Gab said...

Adorable! I love all your stitching!