Sunday, July 20, 2014

Entre Artistes | Scrapbooker of the year Part 2 of 4

Hi everyone!

If you missed the first part of this series, you might want to start reading here to know what I'm talking about. :)

Ok, so today I'll share another layout. This time I had to make an auto-portrait. The page had to represent my style and talk about me. Here's what I made:


For these little squares, I'm almost shy to say that this was a cardstock that I had pull out of the trash can. I had been working on a layout and wasn't happy with my background…. I don't even remember what I used for the paint. Probably a simple watercolor kit for children.


Notice the stitching on a couple of the squares? I had stitched in a circle on the entire background. When I cut it apart, I made sure that small pieces of that stitching would show. I had also used some of the Heidi Swapp Color Magic golden spray. I love the effect of the brilliance.


On the squares I'm talking about small special facts about me.  The subjects include: traveling dreams, my biggest fear, my passion, my dreams, I'm happy when, I'm proud of myself when…, I'm sad when…, my wishes for my daughters.


I rememeber I had just stocked up on the brand new Heidi Swapp products. :) I wasn't cheap on the layering. ;)  And the fine golden lines are a foil that I sticked to some lines I had made with a glue roller pen. Same thing for the golden dots.


I wanted to make something that hadn't yet been seen. And so I began to form my style… :) I can't say that this is very innovative, but for me it was all new and different than what I was used to create.


I still love the small watercolor pieces.

Thanks for looking!
Stay tunes for the rest.

Marie

2 comments:

Gab said...

Stunning LO! I love all the details and texture and layering. I really like those gold lines you did with foil - might have to give that technique a try. And such a beautiful picture of you too.

Susanne said...

Love the watercolor effect.