Monday, May 19, 2014

Get it Scrapped | Retro filtered photos

Hi everyone!

Today I'd like to share a page that was featured on the Get it Scrapped blog not long ago in an article about using retro filtered photos on our layouts.

here's my page:


This is a story I wanted to tell for a while. Well, actually it's not really a story, but I wanted to have these two pictures next to each other: the picture on the left is me at 3 years old with my mom and my brother at Santa's village (I have very vague memories from that trip - probably all triggered by the pictures I've seen) and the one on the right is a picture we took this summer at the same Santa's village, featuring me at the age of my mom on the old picture and my two daughters at my age on the old photograph. I love to try and find the resemblance between all of us.


The background has a story for itself: After listening to Claudine, Vinnie and Wilna on the Paperclipping Roundtable (Episode #129 Medium in a Nutshell), I felt really courageous and decided to do exactly what they were talking about on the show. I used a stencil to paint Gesso and I sprinkled gold glitters on the wet paint which acted as a glue when it dried.

The glitter were given to me by my mom last Christmas. They are still in their original packaging from 30 years ago and on the packaging we can read the name of the store (which doesn't exist anymore) my mom brought them from, and the price she payed: 75 cents for three big bottles of glitter.


A little bit of journaling. The pictures really is the only thing I want to see.


And a VERY COOL Santa DIE CUT from PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO. The Christmas collection is by far one of my favorite from PLS. The die cuts are just awesome!!


I also used some vellum from Cosmo Cricket and some washi tape.


A fairly simple page, but one I like. A lot.

Thanks for looking and talk to you soon!!
Marie

No comments: