Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas card With Art impressions stamp

Hi everyone!
Hello Ai fans!!

This year again, I made some handmade cards. Not a ton. Maybe 15? They were very long to make because of all the coloring so I decided to limit myself to this amount and select the friends who will receive them carefully. :) They are not all the same but I do have about 4 kinds that I repeated. Today I would like to show you one of them:


It's a try-fold card, which means that I had to arrange 3 stamps on my card in a certain way so that the card can open and reveal the sentiment like so….



The stamped I used is call Sleepy Santa. I stamped it on watercolor paper and colored it with my beloved watercolors. :) Fussy cutting, as you know, is totally my thing, so it sure took some time, but it,s ok. I like it. :)

I love this stamp and I used it on some other cards I made, but in different ways. On my next post over at Art impressions, I'll show you the other card(s?) made by this exact same stamp set, but used in a totally different way.

For your information, during my time as a part of the Ai design team, I'll always post on Saturdays. I hope you'll be able to join me and create some AWESOME Christmas cards!! :)

Marie-Pierre

PS: head over to the art impression blog for my supplies list.



2 comments:

Francine said...

En furetant sur le web et en visitant d'autres sites, j'ai trouvé votre blog. Je viens de faire une nouvelle découverte avec cette carte. Très réussie! À vous et votre famille, mes meilleurs vœux en ce temps de l'année.

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Merci, Francine, pour ce commentaire. :) Au début, j'ai cru que c'était ma mère qui écrivait. Elle s'appelle aussi Francine. Je suis ravie chaque fois que je peux inspirer quelqu'un et encore plus lorsqu'on me le laisse savoir. Au plaisir de vous revoir par ici. :) Marie-Pierre