Monday, November 4, 2013

My quest to love fall

Hi everyone!
If you know me, you'll know that I don't like fall. I'm a summer girl!! And fall for me means the end of the summer, which in not enjoyable at all!
This year I heard so many times "fall is my favorite seasons!" that I thought, ok, I'll give it a chance. And then, at Get it Scrapped, I got attributed the assignment of making a fall page with a non fall color scheme. Me? A fall themed page??! Oh well. :) So I made it my quest to fall in love with fall!

That week, I went outside. Arielle was in school, it was still warm outside, so I took Maya for a walk, at the river. I intended to go there for maybe 2 years now?? And I never made it, so now was about the time.

The leaves were just starting to change color. Some of them were yellow-green, and others were red while the majority were still green. We found a very nice path, in the forest. Down below was the river. Maya and I left the trail and went down. At the river, Maya threw rocks in the water for about one hour as I was taking pictures. We had fun. Really. We had fun. And I got very nice pictures from this photo shoot at the river with wonderful backgrounds. I think I started to like fall. Not that I'll be waiting for it year after year like others who really hate the heat, but I think I found enough good reasons to like fall to not be devastated next time summer is over.

As for my page, check it out:


"l'automne" (it means Fall) is my handwriting and was cut out with my Silhouette in gold glitter paper.






There you go, friends!! :)
Talk to you soon!!

Marie-Pierre

4 comments:

Isbaha said...

Tes pages sont toujours si belels, j'aime baeucoup celle-là aussi !

Jennifer Wilson said...

Beautiful page! Thanks for sharing it at the show & tell!

Tiffany said...

This is beautiful. I love the glitter and the pairing of the large text area next to the four photos.

Deborah Wagner said...

This is so pretty Michelle! I love the glitter title and your embellishing!