Sunday, July 14, 2013

13 years of marriage today!

Hi everyone!!
WOW! It's been 13 years that I am married to Patrick today. :)
Strangely enough I rarely do pages about us.
Recently, I listen to the Paperclipping Roundtable and there was an episode about scrapbooking our love story with Shimelle Laine and Angie Lucas. This episode was So inspiring to me!! After listening to that show I scrapbooked 3 pages and I think today is a great day to show them to you. :)

15 years ago, we chose each other:


I did this page for Get it Scrapped where I had to used gold on a page. I chose to go with real gold leaf!! :) That's a technique I learned way back and I hadn't use it for years. I was happy to find my supplies and play with them again. :)


I also played with some Heidi Swapp rub-ons because I simply love them so so much!!!!



And I played with my Silhouette. :)


I stitched and played with some lovely pieces that I found in my stash from previous projects, like this little heart in a circle.


I played with velum and with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine mists.


And I played with transparency as I reused a small glassine envelope in which I got some supplies from Studio Calico.




I also used the bottom of some dear Lizzy patterned paper where the name of the collection is written... :) I did some free hand stamping that is never straight but that gives texture to the page.


All in all, it's a page I love (even though we look right out of the nineties on that picture!! Eeeek!!

Finding true love in Vancouver:


I made the background of this page with Heidi Swapp's Color Shine mists. I used Tinsel, blue and mint green with some color magic paper. I thought that the background was very dominant so I toned it down with a 12x12 piece of velum that I stitched down. I printed my Journaling directly on the velum. For the "Love", it's my handwriting. I wrote it down on a piece of paper that I scanned and added to my word art with Photoshop. I mixed some Thickers in to add some color and dimension.


I embellished my title with some chipboard hearts also from Heidi Swapp that I colored with some Color Shine in pink.


Another part of the journaling is on these cute speech bubbles that I stamped on white and black carstock and that I hand cut. The white pen I used to write on the black cardstock is FANTASTIC!! It's a Gelly Roll 08 from Sakura. If you're looking for a white pen that is reliable even after months of not using it, this would be the one you want to buy!! Seriously!


So I made my little speech bubbles that I stacked around an image of Vancouver that I found on internet and printed on some orange peel Bazzill white cardstock, a postcard that I had in my ephemera box from our trip to Vancouver, and a photo of us with some friends we had when we were staying in Vancouver.


I filled the speech bubbles with the things that we were saying, the funny stories that happened and that we still remember after 15 years!!! :)





I added a little tag on which I wrote Canada Place because this was our go to spot when we were only the two of us. :) This page is all about bringing back the memories. I love it!


Camping in Victoria:

The third page I made is about a (kind of) funny story that happened to us while we were in Vancouver. As were were heading on a short road trip with friends, their car broke down and we finished camping next to a garage and going back to Vancouver with the bus the next day.


I found this photo in my old photo box. It's not anything fancy and it was 4x6 so I had to work with that. Fro Get it Scrapped I had to make a page with the color of the year: emerald. I thought it was fitting with the theme of camping. I paired it with some other green (velum from Amy Tangerine, and some Crate paper papers I had forever) and some orange (Amy Tangerine) to make it happy.

For the journaling I used 2 cards from my Project Life kit, the Sea Foam Edition. I embellished it with a camera stamp and a rub-on.


Here's another Project Life journaling card. And the speech bubbles were cut out with my silhouette.


To embellish I used stickers from Amy Tangerine and a flair button that I got in my Studio Calico kit.
I also stitched in orange. I love stitching!!!



These are rub-ons from Crate paper.



I think that the small wooden paper clips give a nice nature feel to the page.


And I used some washi tape with more rub-ons from Heidi Swapp. :)


I found it so fun to record the fun stories that I lived with Patrick when we met. I have to do this while I remember them. :)

So, which stories are YOU going to record next?? :)
If you want some more motivation, I highly recommend you listen to this episode of the Paperclipping Roundtable. It's really a great show!! And I'm sure once you'll listen to it, you'll want to listen to all of them! :)

Talk to you soon!
Marie-Pierre


2 comments:

Nat said...

Happy Anniversary! And I really wish I had your handwriting.

Christel said...

What a super page. Hapy anniversary.