Thursday, May 16, 2013

Get it Scrapped - scooter ride

Hi everyone!
A new layout of mine was published today at getitscrapped.com alongside other layouts about bike rides.
Since my daughters don't ride bikes yet (Arielle is learning to ride without training wheels but I don't go on field trips with her on her bike) when we go for a ride I'm walking and they ride their scooters. Even Maya is very good at it!
I like the page I created. It's very soft and girly. And oh how I love to use polaroid photo frames!!!!


I did my title with some older Thickers and the new letters from Dear Lizzy that I so totally love!! I went with 2 very different colors, fonts, styles. And I stitched the 2 words to unite them.





 I used some polaroid frames that I found online for free and that I printed on white card stock. I cut out the inside with an x-acto knife.

This little man on a scooter is a small card I have had forever and I thought I'd never use.... you see, we never what we'll need. I keep EVERYTHING!! :) I stitched it to add some cool texture inside the frame and I added the date on the frame with my smash date stamp. I added a simple Dear Lizzy chipboard arrow to direct the eye to the next picture.




Here's a detail shot of my focal point picture that I have set right under my title and that I didn't frame but printed in a bigger size. I stitched some Dear Lizzy chipboard accents in the white space of the photo. I kind of like it .... a lot! :)



Here I played with chevrons to direct the eye. And I added some texture and fun to my layout with some rub-ons from Heidi Swapp! I never have enough of those!!!!!! (And I secretly wish that Heidi will soon have a new something to replace/accompany these!!)



Here's a look at my journaling that I framed. And I added another rub-on at the bottom.



On the side I used 2 triangles to act like arrows to direct the eye.


Voilà. :)
oh, and can you see that there are some glitter in the background paper? And did you see all the stitching?? ;)

Ok, we're off to Disney!!
Have a nice week, guys! :)

Talk to you soon!

Marie

2 comments:

Marie said...

Trop belle ta page ! J'aime beaucoup l'idée de transformer tes photos en pola et de faire de même avec les journaling !
J'ai hâte de voir un peu + de ton PL ! Bisous...

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Merci Marie pour ton petit mot! La vie roule a une vitesse folle ici depuis 2 mois et je suis officiellement en retard de 6 SEMAINES dans mon album Project Life!!!! Haaa!! En plus je pars pour une semaine à Disney samedi alors ce sera 7 semaines de retard assurée + toutes les semaines que je prendrai pour me remettre à jour. Je n'ose même pas y penser. Je serai peut-etre la preuve vivante que rattraper Project Life, ca peut se faire aussi rapidement que Becky Higgins le dit. À suivre... ;) Merci d'être toujours au rendez-vous. :)