Saturday, January 5, 2013

December Daily - dec 13

Hi everyone!!

dec 13 -


I love white pages!!! They fell so light.
Do you know the iPNP2012 app? It's an app that lets you make video's where Santa talks directly to your child. You can customize the video with pictures, the name and age of the child and also with what you want your child to be better at. ;) You see me coming?? lol We asked Santa to tell Arielle that she has to listen to mommy when I ask her to go to bed. You know, we've been working on that for a while now and it's going pretty well, but if Arielle stays in her own bed for the night now, she still needs me to fall asleep at night and I can easily spend half an hour to 1 and a half hour sitting on her bed, singing, holding her hand, reminding her that it's time to go to sleep, telling her to close her eyes...so well, I much needed this little help from Santa. ;)


So what I did is load the video on Apple TV as I was vacuuming the living room and when the video started, I stopped the vacuum so that Arielle would watch the T.V. It looked like Santa just appeared out of no where, and was suddenly talking to her: "Arielle, I know you well. I know you are 4. And you stay at home with mommy." Arielle nodded very discretely. I was ready to snap this picture of here, mouth wide open. She stayed like that for a couple of minutes and she then came close to me....she was scared. lol Thanks Santa!! :) I remember that last year, I wrote Santa a letter, asking him for some help so that Arielle would sleep in her own bed. Well, this year I made it happen (BY MYSELF!) and I'm quite proud of that! ;)


I printed the picture and wrote on it with photoshop. Stitched around. Pretty simple. Love having a white couch when it comes to writing on pictures in photoshop. ;) hahaha!


That afternoon, we made some cookies. It was our first time ever, cookie decorating. We did a fairly good job. :) I have to tell you that decorating cookies with a 4 and a 2 year old is much harder than making a two stories birthday cake on my own. ;)


Love those Thickers and the stitching over it. :)

ok, see you tomorrow!
Marie-Pierre

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a story. I would have loved to have seen her reaction to it all. Next Christmas, film it! :-)
How do you do the stitching over the Thickers?! Ça marche?! i'm really impressed. Love the text inside the couch.
Genius, as usual.
xxx

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Catherine, of course I have all that on tape too. ;) It's always a big dilemma when something like this happens, or for example the christmas show at school, if I'm going to take pictures or film.... Both are great ways to record memories. I love the photos for my albums, of course(!!), but I also love the videos because they tell more and they show reality since the photos are just a second in time.....
As for the stiching over the chipboard, it works. The needle sew through that like butter! ;) You just have to have a little faith...and maybe wear some security glasses. hehe.